All you need to know about the new holiday rentals regulations for the Costa del Sol and Andalucia.
THE CAB (Citizens advice bureau) recently released a document explaining the highly talked about subject of the new Decree regarding holiday rentals in Andalucia. This article will go through all the most important points regarding the Decree and what owners need to know and do in order to fulfill the requirements.
The reason these new regulations are necessary according to the authorities include:
- Guests comfort
- Guest safety
- Meeting public safety laws
- Protect the surrounding environment
- To create a census of registered properties
It should be noted some properties are excluded from the Decree and do not need to conform to the below.
- Properties that are let out to friends or family without a charge
- Properties that are let to the same individual for more than 2 months *see bottom of post
- Properties located in Rural zones
- Property owners with 3 or more properties
Properties which are included in the Decree are:
- Any property located on land classified as ‘residential’
- Property rented to holiday makers where money is paid for the privilege of doing so
- Any property that is promoted and advertised through travel agents, real estate agents and holiday rentals websites.
Your first obligation as an owner renting out their property to holiday renters is to register your property. This must be done by the 12th May 2016. This can be done by getting a form from the Junta de Andalucia called Declaration Responsable.
If you decide to proceed with renting your property for holiday rentals you must do so in accordance with the new regulations.
Full details of the actual law Decree can be found here: (Spanish) http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/boja/2016/28/6
There are a number requirements and heavy sanctions if not met.
*For owners that will have trouble meeting these requirements, there is another option. For it is clearly stated that rentals over 2 months in duration are excluded. At Marbellalongtermrentals.com we only deal with lets over 6 months. We have the number one website for enquiries and traffic and currently have more people looking for rentals than we have properties to show them. If you are considering renting you property on the Costa del Sol please get in touch for a no obligation chat. We charge absolutely no fees until your property is rented so you have nothing to loose.